- Degrees: BA, MA, PGDE, MSc
- Website: www.tsbv.org.uk
Bhante Rewatha Thero is the founder of Glasgow Mindfulness Centre and Mindful Kids Pre-School in Sri Lanaka. He holds a Post Graduate Diploma in Education in Religious, Moral and Philosophical Studies from the University of Strathclyde and the Master of Science Degree in Mindfulness Based Approaches (MBSR & MBCT) from the University of Bangor. He has conducted a research project under the supervision of Dr Dusana Dorjee on a Non-Randomized Control Trial Study evaluating the impact of Mindfulness Based Programme on the Emotional Well-Being of Children.
Bhante Rewatha has been a Theravada Buddhist Monk for 35 years and a secular Mindfulness teacher for many students and Mindfulness teachers. Bhante has worked as a Head Teacher for a leading Buddhist Monks Training College in Sri Lanka.
Bhante is a certified mindfulness teacher to deliver Paws.B course for primary school children by Mindfulness in Schools Project. In addition to the secular mindfulness courses which Bhante has taught throughout the world including: Scotland, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, and America. Bhante also provides courses to universities, charitable and educational facilities. He has created several courses for those who have completed MBSR and MBCT.
He is currently developing a teacher training course to teach mindfulness for 4-5 years old children as a classroom intervention.
What was your experience of having a Buddhist monk as your Course Tutor?
- Novel and very good
- It was explained that this was a secular course. I think participants appreciated the background Bhante brought to MBSR as a Buddhist Monk.
- Enjoyable, a real sense of kindness and compassion – nice element.
- Really interesting to learn from someone that I wouldn’t normally meet in everyday life. Definitely added something to the course being taught with someone with so much experience.
- Very comfortable in the company of Bhante who is clearly very practised in mindfulness and an excellent teacher.
- I felt honoured to be in such a calming presence and be taught by someone so wise.
- He lives mindfully